At ArcelorMittal Dofasco, we take our environmental responsibilities seriously. We have built our success on hard work, innovation, shared values and outstanding teamwork. We take pride in our excellence. In keeping with this tradition, we will incorporate environmental excellence into all our activities.
We will take an integrated approach to improving the quality of life of our employees, forging community prosperity, achieving strong financial results and reducing our environmental footprint. That is our commitment. In this, as in everything we do, we depend on the diligence and dedication of all our employees.
Working together, we will:
- Continually improve our environmental performance and community stewardship, through a robust environmental management system and the diligent maintenance of ISO 14001 certification for all production facilities.
- Prevent pollution and minimize our environmental impact through better practices, processes and products. We will optimize the use of resources by reducing, reusing, recovering and recycling energy, raw materials, water and by-products.
- Manage energy efficiently, and reduce our CO2 footprint where technologically and economically feasible.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements
- Engage employees and management, and raise awareness of our shared environmental commitments. Each and every one of us has a role and a responsibility in achieving these commitments and in protecting the environment.
- Forge strong and open communication, information and dialogue with the community and all stakeholders affected by ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s operations.
- Ensure supplier and contractor awareness