There is nothing more important than the Health and Safety of everyone invited to and working on our property. Our commitment to the Health and Safety of all employees focuses on both at home and at work risk management and is a clearly articulated aspect of our operating philosophy. We are committed to the continuous improvement of a Health and Safety Management System that supports the ArcelorMittal Health and Safety Policy. We believe in the following principles to guide our actions:
1. All injuries and work related illness can and must be prevented.
2. Management is accountable for the Health and Safety performance.
3. Communication, involvement and training of all employees are essential in Health and Safety excellence.
4. Everyone has a role to play in preventing injuries and illnesses.
5. Excellence in Health and Safety supports excellent business results.
6. Health and Safety must be integrated into all business management processes.
7. Product Stewardship aiming at eliminating Health and Environmental impact for customers.
We will work vigorously towards a goal of zero accidents and injuries. To achieve this we will:
1. Identify, evaluate and eliminate the Heath and Safety risks to ensure that hazards are managed.
2. Establish an effective process for preventing all injuries and work related illnesses.
3. Build a supportive culture that requires visible Leadership with clear accountability.
4. Provide everyone with effective training so that we are all able to work safely.
5. Establish a culture where work will be stopped if it is unsafe.
6. Establish measurable objectives to monitor progress through regular audits and reporting.
7. Comply fully with all legal requirements and meet or exceed these expectations wherever we operate in the world.
8. Update and test emergency procedures.The success of this policy requires the involvement and commitment of everyone working for and with us.